Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10/27/10

I am working on numerous things. A lot of things. It's an overwhelming amount of stuff to process, but I am needing to slow it down a notch. So many things I did this week where I could have just let it be. I am working on myself right now, I have much to surrender to God, my will mainly. I need to let it be with God, because the migraine I got today was a big reminder that I can't do it...not even with people, only with God in the situation can I do anything.
The message I heard today from bilingual chapel really spoke to me. I usually drown my mind away on facebook, but the humility the pastor had while he spoke got me to listen to his heart. I am so used to fabricating messages, and his genuine heart broke through my complacency.  It brought me back to the times I felt so hopeless in myself not being special to serve the kingdom. The pastor brought me to remember the time where I believed and stepped into an overwhelming pure joy of knowing how much God wanted me, loved me, much more than I thought. I remembered how I met God when I was 16, as a forgiving, redeeming lover of my soul. He took care of me, comforted me when I needed it the most, and the memories awoke my longing for that relationship again.
I am now in my room, waiting to go to sleep, but not in the same way I did before. I am not going to go to sleep afraid, angry, or doubtful. I am going to bed faithful, hopeful, redeemed for eternity.

1 comment:

  1. i am 1st to comment! i support your thinking on abortion and gay marriage, hot topics such as these should be discussed by people like you... ok so you didnt post about either of those... im the 1st to comment!

    ReplyDelete