Friday, November 12, 2010

Should I write down my material?

I should at least write a roadmap of how I want to go in my performance thursday. Here it goes:

1.holding babies/baby jokes...getting past garage into kitchen into fridge
2. outsourcing mormon bikers to china, Mormons bad. Something about 2 men coming to your house and making you feel dirty for something you regret doing in the morning...post on craigslist?
3. Best days to come out of the closet
4. Jesus game/rapture
5. Moving to Britain
6. Everything in the world can be solved with a game of rock paper scissors. It's a clear cut game, if unsure of the hand shape? That's awesome, because you can do it over? Don't like the first outcome? Then there is best out of 3!
7.Man what a week, I took a facebook quiz and found out I'm 89% gay. I'm so confused. I like pink, I like going to parades, I like to hang out with men...but does that make me gay?

 Studying Abroad/drinking...I'm mormon...i don't drink-consider revising...I think the intro should be about babies

I have some homework, but not to worry, the best jokes are stories.

"I can understand the validity of showing people the ugliness of the world, but I also think there is a place for movies to leave people with a sense of hope. If your film isn't going to do that, I just don't think it's worth making."
-Chris Columbus, director of Home Alone


I think Chris brings home a necessity that is ever so relevant to society's needs today. We need to construct our reality's toward others in a hopeful way. Even though the truth is up for the viewer's interpretation, we should not be the ones helping the pessimism of truth. The truth should be upheld optimistically, and that is the hardest thing to do daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment