Saturday, November 13, 2010

Why I should care...

Andre invited me to play for the AG conference in December, and what a privilege it is to use my gifts to glorify the Lord. However, he told me I would have to be a lot better than how I played last time, as it seemed like I did not practice lately. Idon't think it's even the fact that I didn't practice, but I stopped truly caring for why I started playing music for God's glory.

The question comes up, "Why should I care?" I think the question is valid, but is selfish. I should care because God cared to get me a saxophone, give me this gift and has given me privilege to use it for his glory. I am humbling myself from this "self" attitude that has brought my caring level to the equivalent of waiting tables and expecting a few dollars. I need to start caring for what I do a lot more that I have, because God cares for me infinitely more. And I need to start dreaming a lot bigger, because God has dreams beyond what I can dream.

It is time to stop dreaming selfish dreams that involve, you, and only you, and dream dreams that involve God's will and others to glorify him.

No comments:

Post a Comment